Ostrich is a responsible choice that delivers taste and health while ensuring animal welfare and greatly reducing the impact on our environment.
Ostrich meat is a responsible choice that ensures animal welfare while greatly reducing the impact on our environment. Ostriches are raised in open fields, far from the confined and crowded environment factory farms. They are fed a well-balanced, nutritional diet. No steroids, hormones, or antibiotics are used. At American Ostrich Farms, we have a profound respect for these amazing animals and treat them accordingly.
Ostrich is the healthiest red meat and a delicious alternative to red meat and white meat.
- Ostrich meat tastes like premium prime beef or filet mignon.
- As a lean red meat, ostrich is a one-to-one replacement in classic beef recipes
- Ostrich is available in steaks, fan filets, tenderloins, burgers, round, tips, and more.
- Ostrich meat is more palatable and digestible for sensitive stomachs.
- Lean, flavorful meat that doesn’t cook down or shrink on the grill.
Producing one pound of ostrich meat requires dramatically less water, feed, and land, and creates far less greenhouse gas emissions and waste.
- Ostrich meat uses 1/3 the freshwater and 1/50 of the land that beef requires.
- Reduced waste by using virtually every part of the animal to create value-added products like pet foods, oil, soap, eggs, and more.
- Ostriches produce less than 1/10 the greenhouse gases per pound produced of beef.
- Ostrich emit virtually no methane.
- Superior feed conversion ratio.
Ostrich meat is a lean red meat, virtually fat-free and more nutritional than any other red meat—beef, bison, duck, etc.
- Ostrich meat is 97% lean and low in saturated fat.
- Ostrich meat has ⅓ the fat of beef.
- Ostrich meat proteins are significantly easier to digest than beef.
- Ostrich meat has more iron and less cholesterol than any other red meat.
- Ostrich meat is safe. It doesn’t carry the pathogen loads as other meat and our flash-frozen process ensures a safer product.
American Ostrich Farms is proud to be here and celebrate the hard work that people who live on this land do day in and day out. This is why we have an all-American supply chain. Now American farmers and local communities can work together for sustainable success.