The Buffalo Bird Burger (The triple B)
The Triple B is a new twist on the classic combination of buffalo sauce and blue cheese. If you like buffalo wings, you'll love this burger!
sliced red onion
buffalo style hot sauce
blue cheese crumbles
blue cheese mayo (combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1.5 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic and mix until well incorporated)
1) Thaw out 1 pound of ground ostrich and pat with a paper towel to absorb any extra moisture
2) Place ostrich into a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of AOF burger seasoning and minced onion
3) Mix the ingredients together well and form into your desired sized patties -- remember, a 1/4 pound ostrich burger will eat like a 1/3 pound beef burger because our burgers don't shrink!
4) Heat grill to medium-high, lightly baste your patties with olive oil and place them on the grill.
5) Cook to your desired temperature. Remember, ostrich will cook more quickly than beef due to the low-fat content. And great news: ostrich can be eaten at lower temperatures than beef (including medium-rare) because it's safer and easy on your digestive system.
6) Place blue cheese and buffalo sauce on burger and melt before removing burger from grill.
7) Lightly butter and toast your bun.
8) Top with lettuce, red onion, tomato and blue cheese mayo.
9) Enjoy this new twist on classic flavors 🍔.
Learn more about this and our other delicious ostrich burger recipes on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yho_x5lq38E
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Ostrich Recipes
Wrapped in bacon and aromatic herbs this is the perfect roast for Christmas (or any special occasion!)