Classic Grilled Ostrich Burger
Fire up the grill any time of the year, in any weather, for this awesome burger :)
1 pound gourmet ground ostrich steak
2 tbsp AOF burger seasoning (COMING SOON! Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to be the first to know)
¼ cup yellow onion, minced
1) Thaw out 1 pound of ground ostrich and pat with a paper towel to absorb any extra moisture
2) Place ostrich into a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of AOF burger seasoning and minced onion
3) Mix the ingredients together well and form into your desired sized patties -- remember, a 1/4 pound ostrich burger will eat like a 1/3 pound beef burger because our burgers don't shrink!
4) Heat grill to medium-high, lightly baste your patties with olive oil, and place them on the grill
5) Cook to your desired temperature. Remember, ostrich will cook more quickly than beef due to the low-fat content. And great news: ostrich can be eaten at lower temperatures than beef (including medium-rare) because it's safer and easy on your digestive system.
6) Toast your bun, stack on all the fresh veggies you like, melt your cheese, and enjoy this awesome burger
Visit the Ground Ostrich Steak product page to stock up!