Instant Pot Ostrich Chili
Slow cooked for a robust flavor, this chili is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
1-pound ground ostrich 1 medium red bell pepper diced 1 TBSP Oil 1 can tomatoes diced
1 medium white onion diced 1 cup beef broth
2 garlic cloves minced 1 tbsp lime juice
1-2 Jalapeno diced 1 can kidney beans or a mix of beans
3 TBSP Chili powder
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
Special Kitchen Tools: Pressure Cooker & Whisk
- Using the sauté feature on your instant pot, add the oil and allow to heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook and stir to soften the veggies. Add ground ostrich and cook. Due to the low-fat content of ostrich, no draining should be necessary.
- Add the chili powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes, broth, and lime juice, stirring to mix well.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the vent is open to allow condensation to escape.
- Using the slow cook feature, set the timer to 4 hours.
- When the cooking time has finished, open the lid and add the beans.
- Using the sauté feature again, continue to simmer the chili allowing the the beans to heat all the way through.
- Adjust the seasoning, as necessary.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.